As a postpartum doula, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of new families, at a time when your support is most needed. During a postpartum doula training, you will acquire hands on skills but more importantly, you will gain an understanding of how and why postpartum support is so important. The four day training focuses on:
- evidence-based information about the benefits of doula support,
- how to support as a family navigates the challenges of the postpartum period,
- practical hands-on techniques,
- breastfeeding basics,
- gaining a solid understanding of working within DONA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, and
- the business basics of starting your career as a postpartum doula.
For more information, see my Postpartum Doula Training website
Upcoming Trainings 2018
June 1 - 4th 2018 - Victoria BC - Mothering Touch, 975 Fort St.
June 13 - 16th 2018 - Edmonton AB - Lucina Centre, 9505 163rd St NW
September 28 - October 1st 2018 - Calgary AB - Hampton Inn & Suites, 2311 Banff Trail NW
October 25 - 28th 2018 - Vancouver BC - 3545 43 Ave E.,