As a postpartum doula, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of new families, at a time when your support is most needed. During a postpartum doula training, you will acquire hands on skills but more importantly, you will gain an understanding of how and why postpartum support is so important. The four day training focuses on:
- evidence-based information about the benefits of doula support,
- how to support as a family navigates the challenges of the postpartum period,
- practical hands-on techniques,
- breastfeeding basics,
- gaining a solid understanding of working within DONA Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, and
- the business basics of starting your career as a postpartum doula.
For more information, see my Postpartum Doula Training website
Upcoming Trainings 2019
Feb 22-25th 2019 - Calgary AB - Location TBD
March 8-11th 2019 - Vancouver BC - 3545 43 Ave E.
June 7-10th 2019 - Victoria BC - Mothering Touch, 975 Fort St.
October 25 - 28th 2019 - Vancouver BC - 3545 43 Ave E.,
November 8-11th 2019 - Calgary AB - location TBD