The arrival of a baby...
The arrival of your baby is an event like none other in your lives. How can something so small have such an incredible impact on all facets of your world? While you may be feeling overjoyed and excited, you may also be feeling unsure and scared at the thought of being responsible for this tiny being. This is where the services of a postpartum and birth doula can be invaluable.
A Postpartum Doula
- Offers education, companionship and nonjudgmental support during the postpartum fourth trimester
- Assists with newborn care, family adjustment, meal preparation and light household tidying
- Offers evidence-based information on infant feeding, emotional and physical recovery from birth, infant soothing and coping skills for new parents and makes appropriate referrals when necessary
Research evidence shows that the quality services of a postpartum doula can ease the transition that comes with the addition of a baby to a family, improve parental satisfaction and reduce the risk of mood disorders.
**photo used with permission
As your postpartum doula, I offer a wide range of support, depending on your needs. These include:
- hands-on assistance with the practical aspects of baby care - soothing, bathing, changing etc.
- help you initialize a routine with your baby
- helping you to recognize your baby's signals and learning your baby's patterns
- support with sleep, both for you and your baby
- consistent breastfeeding support, both in hospital and at home, if that is your choice
- making sure you get the food you need and the rest you require.
- assistance with older siblings, as required
- help in finding the answers to your questions and concerns
- shop for groceries and prepare meals for you and your family, if desired
- helping you attain the skills needed to grow as a healthy, confident family
...Is a joy like no other